This site came about due to my interest in improving life quality for older people and children where there is fragility. It is the life stories that we tell ourselves that matter. The themes we listen to in our life stories that have power. The site seeks to strengthen narratives that nourish and heal.
Most of the material offered has come from direct experience personally and professionally through my employment in adoption support social work. The experience of watching Vascular Dementia and Alzheimer’s progressively damage my parents cognitive and physical abilities inspired much of the elderly section. Press link for an article about this.
The academic knowledge and training below have informed my work and many of the ideas for engagement and connection that are shown on this website. We all constantly borrow and build from each others contributions when we reach out to help, creating our own rich repertoires. Wikipedia and You Tube are wonderful resources. You will find links within this site to relevant sources of further information. Trust and some faith in the process are all that is needed to apply suggestions in your life!
Qualifications and courses that have helped me approach the topics on the site are:
- Diploma in Child Counselling Using the Arts Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psycho-Analytical Observational Studies Tavistock Institute
- Post Graduate Diploma in Applied Social Studies and CQSW Goldsmiths University
- Diploma in the Montessori Teaching Method
- Bachelor of Social Science in Social Administration Manchester University
- Certificate in Child Counselling Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Certificate in Emotional Literacy Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education
- Certificate in Play Therapy Roehampton Institute
- Certificate in Therapeutic Communication with children and Adolescents Tavistock Institute
- Therapeutic Communication with Children Course British Association of Psychotherapy